Saturday, December 5, 2015

Treat Yo'Self!




Going to your mailbox and knowing there is a package in there waiting for you is an exhilarating feeling. It is like your own personal Christmas. After hours of studying (cramming) for a test a couple of months ago, I was exhausted and beaten down. I took the test the next day and came out alive and I think I actually did well! To reward myself for all my hard work I decided to buy myself a cute top on Wanelo. Having one or two packages come a month helps keep my spirits up, but it is a feeling that is hard to describe. I wasn’t even sure if I was alone in this thinking or if others knew the thrill of buying gifts for themselves too. 

I was in my communication ethics class the other day and my friend Jonah looked ecstatic but I couldn’t figure out what it was. Then I noticed that he had an Amazon package next to him on the desk and that answered all my questions (Amazon Prime is the best friend I never knew I had and I frequent quite often, I mean free two day shipping?! Come on!). I asked him what he bought and he told me that he treated himself to a new pair of Beats Headphones that were on sale that week. He was so excited he was practically jumping out of his chair. Being fidgety the whole class knowing that his beautiful new pair of headphones were sitting right in front of him just waiting to be opened, it was a long one and a half hours. Towards the end of the class he couldn’t help it anymore and started to pick open the box quietly with his keys. When class finished I watched him open his package to reveal the shiniest blue headphones I had ever seen. 

Everyone has their thing. The thing that makes them super excited that you can’t wait to open when it comes in the mail. Mine is clothes. I love getting a new piece of clothing to add to my closet and that is what I see as being worth my money. For my friend Jonah he loves music and believes his money is well worth being spent on an expensive pair of headphones. Whatever the object however the reaction is the same. Pure excitement. And that is priceless. 

XOXOXO Stay Fabulous!
Alana Long

No comments:

Post a Comment