Saturday, November 14, 2015

My Packing Habits




Confession: I stress pack. I have to carefully plan out what I am going to wear throughout the trip beforehand. This means complete craziness and planning the week before I leave. In seven days, I will be leaving to spend a week in New York for Thanksgiving. While I am there I will be participating in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and I am stoked to be able to dance in the Macy’s Great American Marching Band for the second time. That being said, I need to look fantastic to walk the streets of New York City and I take this very seriously. 

Step 1: Feverishly buying everything that compliments where I am going, what I will be doing, and the weather. I spend at least one month ticking off a list of essentials that I need to pack for my trip. This trip for example, requires lots of long-sleeved shirts and warm winter clothes. I also made sure I had cute boots, scarves, and gloves.

Step 2: I make a detailed chart of what I am doing on each day. Then I go in and write down in each day what I want to wear. I make a top, bottom, shoes, and accessories section then write in which piece of clothing I wanted in each section. This helps me see side by side what I will be wearing each day.

Step 3: After my chart is finalized, I start to lay out my clothes on the floor in order for each of the days. Then I place in order of the days each outfit carefully in my suitcase. And there you go! You are all set. 

Now that you have a glimpse into how crazy and OCD my life is, I am sure I have scared you all away. But please come back next week haha!

XOXOXO Stay Fabulous!
Alana Long

Photo Resources:
http://venturesafrica.com/travelling-this-weekend-here-are-some-packing-tips-for-couples-this-valentine/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment