Sunday, July 7, 2013

What a night, what a night..

So last night I was invited to go watch one of my friends band play at one of our local bar/billiard/ hangout areas. In usual fashion, I ended up running around last minute changing my outfit a thousand times and settled on something I thought was venue appropriate. However, when I got there I found out I was terribly wrong. Standing there sitting in my chiffon bright blue and white collared high-low top and dark denim studded mini shirt, I stuck out like a sore thumb. I felt sort of ridiculously colorful and overdressed amongst the sea of dark clothing that surrounded me. Never being in a place like this before when I left my house I thought I was looking pretty good. However between my bright outfit and the fact that I look like I'm twelve, when I got there I got some awkward looks. So my tip for anyone who might be attending something like this and have never before would probably to definitely not try too hard, I think that was my biggest downfall. If you do go, most people there are really casual. Like old tee shirt and jeans casual. That paired with some cute sandals would probably be best. Make sure that your bag is an crossbody bag so that your hands are free to jump around and enjoy your evening out. Well it looks like my horror story is to your benefit... so you're welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment