Friday, July 5, 2013

What Do I Think About..... Leggings #1


Leggings, leggings, leggings.... What do I think about leggings? To be honest, I used to be a firm believer of "Leggings are not pants! So don't wear them as such!". However nowadays, I am loosening my grip on the subject and starting to see other possibilities for the leg wear. When worn correctly I believe that leggings could be a cute, playful addition to anyone's closet, as long as they don't start to consume your wardrobe. Lately I've seen them being worn with a nice loose, flowing top so that the eye isn't focusing all in the hip area. I think this is a good idea because most girls like the classic legging look but don't exactly want to show off their midsection, or just don't think that it would be all that flattering. The exact opposite of that would be how many girls choose to complete this look and it would be with some sort of tight crop top. This can work too if implemented correctly, but then again might not be optimal for everyone. I think that with something so tight and eye catching as a printed legging or leggings in general pairing it with a looser top (maybe even a cute sweater) gives some sort of balance to the whole ensemble. That could work as a nice day look, whereas the crop top outfit could be worn more appropriately at night when you go out and want that kind of eye catching outfit. So to wrap things up, what do I think about leggings? They for sure have the Alana stamp of approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment