Friday, September 18, 2015

My Wanelo Shopping Experience




August 31st, 2015 was the day I started this fretful journey. Little did I know then what an escapade it would turn out to be. 

I decided for the first time that I would try out shopping using the Wanelo application directly. For those of you who don’t know what Wanelo is, it is an application where you can see a variety of products where you have the option of saving the product into one of your categories or you can buy the product. This means it will either take you to the webpage of the company to buy it or have you purchase the product directly on the application if that’s an option. 

I noticed that because of the insanely cheap prices for most of the clothes that are available for purchase on the application, it is very likely that they will be knock-offs probably from China. In that case, it is possible that it won’t look like the photo advertised. I took my chances anyways because I really wanted to find out what this service was like. 

I ordered my sweater on August 31st. When I looked at my order it said that it would take around 7-15 days. Now, I don’t know about you, but I am so used to everything getting here in two days thanks to Amazon Prime so this was killing me. I realized I couldn’t do anything about it, and then the waiting game ensued. 

By day 7, it said that they were still processing my order. So in seven days they couldn’t put one measly little sweater into a box? By day 9, it said that they have accepted my order and it has been processed in China but it had not started moving yet. In fact it did not start moving until the 13th and that is when my sweater ended up in New York. I was concerned that it wasn’t going to get here by the date they gave me of the 15th. I was right. My package came in at 5:00 in the afternoon yesterday September 17, 2015. 

The sweater is actually very pretty and will be great to have as we enter the autumn and winter months. I am just letting everyone know that it does come from China and it does take a fairly long time by a millennial’s standard to get it to your doorstep. 

XOXO Stay Fabulous!
Alana Long

Photo Resources:
https://wanelo.com/p/30479348/s/23t4O-DSNi-tdBH

No comments:

Post a Comment